On Fri, 9 Oct 2026 08:55:31 GMT, Robert Lichtenberger <[email protected]> 
wrote:

>> modules/javafx.controls/src/test/java/test/javafx/scene/control/behavior/TextAreaBehaviorTest.java
>>  line 132:
>> 
>>> 130:                 clickCharacter(0, 2, true)
>>> 131:         );
>>> 132:         assertEquals("Bug", control.getSelectedText());
>> 
>> github actions (GHA) run headless tests on all three supported platforms, 
>> it's a good idea to check if the new tests pass (we might have intermittent 
>> unrelated failures, still)
>> 
>> the headless run fails on Windows here, see 
>> https://github.com/effad/jfx/actions/runs/37801058134/job/113393301071#step:9:1245
>> 
>> we'd need to split the tests into windows- and non-windows specific ones 
>> using `assumeTrue()`
>> 
>> since we have a follow-up, I think you could just comment out this 
>> particular test, make sure to add `TODO` with an explanation.
>
> Will do. I think one of the things that we should abandon in the follow-up is 
> the Windows-specific behavior. I don't think there's such a thing as 
> "standard Windows behavior" for double clicking in a TextArea. But I will try 
> to research into this a bit further.

I sort of agree with the sentiment, though this will probably never fly because 
that will introduce a change in the behavior (unless it's clearly a bug).

Looking at MS Word over the years, it seems they also slowly converging to a 
single behavior across the platforms, so perhaps we need to initiate a 
discussion in the mailing list.

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2334#discussion_r4234050965

Reply via email to