Hello!

I have a QCA IPQ8064-based router, the TRENDnet TEW-827DRU, which I am
looking to jtag recover. I accidentally wiped my u-boot bootloader while
I was preparing an OpenWRT/LEDE image for the device. Whoops!

The IPQ8064 is a Qualcomm SoC with 2x Krait 300 CPUs at 1.4Ghz.

The board, in addition to the IPQ8064, has 2x QCA9980 802.11 radios, a
QCA8337 ethernet switch, and a Spansion S34MS02G200BHI000 256MB SLC NAND
flash. No telling what's on the JTAG line though.

I bought a TIAO TUMPA adapter board since it looked OpenOCD compatible
and handles the 1.8v signal levels. I've already hooked it up, built
OpenOCD from source, and tried autoprobing, but I'm not finding anything.

It looks like OpenOCD can't currently handle working with this SoC.
Signal levels on the JTAG port look good and LEDs on the board indicate
debug activity, but I'm not finding anything.

I googled around and I think the closest SoC people have been working
with is the apq8064.

I think this patch might the reason I'm held back right now:
http://openocd.zylin.com/#/c/3124/

I will look into merging in some of those changes here soon and see if I
can't autoprobe anything after that.

Ideally, I would like to be able to write to the NAND flash, but if I
could load u-boot into RAM and boot from it, that would be great too.
Along the way, I'd like to learn as much as I can.

This is the first time I've been working with JTAG and it's fun, but I'm
just a dangerous idiot who barely knows what he's doing. If anyone cares
to offer some advice or assistance, that would be awesome. I'm in WAY
over my head.

There is an image gallery of the board here if you want to see:
https://imgur.com/a/5cSfg

Note the JTAG-20 in the lower right corner.

If you want to read about my work porting the device to OpenWRT/LEDE,
you can read it here. It's more or less ready to go once I manage to get
u-boot running again:
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=65956

The IPQ8064 is now being used in a bunch of retail devices. It would be
great to be able to support it in OpenOCD:

TP-LINK Archer C2600
Linksys EA8500
Netgear R7500
TRENDnet TEW-827DRU
ASRock G10
Amped Wireless ATHENA AC2600 (RTA2600)
Amped Wireless ATHENA-EX AC2600 (RE2600M)
TP-LINK TGR1900 (Google OnHub)
ASUS SRT-AC1900 (ASUS OnHub)
Also the Mikrotik RB3011 has an ipq8062, apparently.

Thanks for reading