Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> This assert happens because a drscan is executed on a disabled TAP.
> i.e. it is not in OpenOCD's list of enabled TAP's, the physical device
> might very well be enabled.
>
> How would you like OpenOCD to tell you this?

Øyvind: I'm not sure if this question is for me or Michael? I don't
feel to be able to answer this ;)

Anyway, I did some tests with command ordering, and it seems that we
have a deadlock now with recent OpenOCD version:

Michael wrote:

"From what I can tell this fails because at the point of the call
omap3.jrc is enabled but not omap3.cpu."

This does mean that omap3.cpu has to be enabled *before* it can be
used (?) On the other hand, in previous discussion, we had learned
that init has to be called *after* target create. But from some tests,
it seems that init has to be called *before* tapenable. Do you see the
deadlock? How to resolve this?

With old versions from OpenOCD we have this working (tested with 1865):

--- cut --
target create omap3.cpu cortex_m3 -endian little -chain-position omap3.cpu
init
jtag tapenable omap3.cpu
-- cut --

With recent versions, what you request here, is

-- cut --
jtag tapenable omap3.cpu
target create omap3.cpu cortex_m3 -endian little -chain-position omap3.cpu
init
-- cut --

And this doesn't work :( Not with 1865 and not with recent version.

Any idea?

Best regards

Dirk