On 21/10/2011 3:04 AM, Freddie Chopin wrote:
1. In 0.5.0 you could use slash or backslash (which is more "correct" in Windows) - no difference. Now only slash works, backslash is ommited and replaced with... nothing... 2. When running OpenOCD as External Tool from Eclipse I always left "Working Dir" empty and it worked fine, now I have to specify this directory for OpenOCD to work - probably because backslashes in Windows paths are replaced with nothing...

Have you tried with double backslash "\\" ?
I've become very used to windows/cygwin/openocd/eclipse/make all behaving very differently when it comes to slashes, and trying to make various different tools work together through eclipse or makefiles can be quite frustrating when they use incompatible paths. The same can be said for ' and ", both can be useful in some cases when building paths with spaces, but both can also break things in other apps. I don't know anything about who/what changed the handling in openocd, although if it's been done on purpose to make its handling more consistent or compatible with other parts of the toolchain I'd think it's worthwhile, although it doesn't sound like that is the case, it's certainly sounding worse in eclipse going by your description.

Either way, I generally us the \\ as the most compatible path separator on windoze, although there's still some apps that don't like that either, and it isn't any good if you want to make cross platform config files....

Andrew