Freddie Chopin wrote:
> Just as Peter suspected the problem is caused by commit
> a62d8f2271312ba955e839509590f5a5975b1b49. I've verified that with
> bisecting. I've also build version with that single commit reverted
> which worked as expected and as before.

Thanks for confirming that!

> I've pushed revert-patch for Gerrit review.

Nak.

> I believe it should be reverted for now but the general idea it
> introduced (easing use of global variables) is worth implementing
> but in some other way.

Not so easy. I disagree with reverting the patch without having a
clear plan for the real fix.

Not easy because it is not neccessarily possible to implement the
same functionality in any other way.

The proper solution requries Jim expertise which I have none, or
possibly Tcl expertise which I have very very little. If pressed for
a solution, I would look into a workaround for the double evaluation,
such as a way to escape any \ in $filename.

But I disagree with reverting the commit. Fix the problem instead.

//Peter