I like the idea of splitting up the ini and putting it in config/*, but
having an overriding opensim.ini will be confusing to the noob. I think
that there will be a new FAQ - "Where do I edit the configuration? in
bin or config?  ;-)

Just splitting up the file and putting it in config, with all the
comments, would help. And for the SVN update - that is a problem with
any modifications to the tree, not just config. That's what backups are
for. I guess a simple backup/diff tool for config would be a quick
solution...

I also like the idea of a better, more extensive (and extensible)
wizard, either on startup or as a standalone - run opensimconfig first,
answer a few questions. done.

Kurt

Kurt Taylor (Kurt Stringer)