Why wait until September when the solution is already on the Wiki:

1) Delete the old Grid.Asset and Grid.Inventory servers

2) Copy the new OpenSim.Server.exe to OpenSim.Grid.AssetServer.exe and
OpenSim.Grid.InventoryServer.exe

3) Copy the .config files: OpenSim.Grid.AssetServer.exe.config and
OpenSim.Grid.InventoryServer.exe.config and edit them so they'll use
the same log file like they did before

4) Create the new OpenSim.Grid.AssetServer.ini and
OpenSim.Grid.InventoryServer.ini like mentioned on the Wiki

5) Edit those like mentioned and run them

I think the solution to this "problem" is easily fixed by doing this
and commiting the whole bunch again then waiting until September