You're free to change your permissions as you would like them to be. Nobody
is restricting your freedom. If the defaults were changed for everyone just
to suit your convenience, then others would be inconvenienced. If the
permission system doesn't suit your needs, you're also free to use other
software that you find better suits your needs.