After looking back through the logs of git.. it appears this project was started by Melanie?
Does anyone know of the current status of the project?
Has it been abandoned? or simply put off for another time?

My opinion is that core should not contain started, or half finished projects/features.
I don't feel anything should be added to core that doesn't function.

I think Core should contain only working/working with bugs type of features, this way one doesn't waste alot of time trying to get something to work which appears to be implemented when it has not been completed. I've wasted many hours searching for how to implement this because my findings seem to indicate it was a working feature of opensim.

I think a better place for unfinished, non working features should be on a separate branch and only merged when it works or works with bugs and documented as such.