Hello Melanie,

Thank you for the info on this feature.
Based on what I had read and heard from others, I incorrectly reported in an interview today that this feature was not fully implemented and did not work as expected. My apologies for that errant report - I have since contacted the person (Maria at Hypergrid Business) and pasted them what you have put to the mailing list.

I have tried to test this feature based on the information you've provided and have not been able to make this work as you've indicated. I am using opensim code based on r/25628 - bda8f2a2c1d702adc9e61869195a4dbcd3c6751f dated 12/30/2014 and the Singularity viewer version 1.8.6 (6313) Jan 7 2015 06:04:40 (Singularity Alpha).

Using the settings you have provided I have added the following to my opensim.ini file:
[SimulatorFeatures]
    ExportSupported=true

And I am unable to make this work.
Steps...
- I created a simple box and renamed it
- I took this box back to inventory
- Out of curiosity, I looked to see what was shown when trying to set export perms from inventory (I know you said it wouldn't work, but I was curious anyway) - While box was still in inventory it showed the export box as "Not available" or greyed out as expected since you said it wouldn't work.
- I pulled the box from my inventory and rezzed it on the ground.
- I went into edit mode and it was still showing the export box as unavailable (see attached screenshot).

Next Test...
- I went back into inventory and found a shirt I had made previously... right clicked... chose properties - I can now see the export box as empty, but able to be checked.. I've checked the box and it has stayed checked. - I have not yet tried to see if it would actually allow export as I was simply wanting to test the export checkbox function.

Maybe it is now broken in core?
Maybe it is not correctly implemented in my viewer?

I think this would be a very useful feature to be completed for opensim and think it could help make the content creators of our community feel more comfortable about hyper grid mode. If the content creator can choose "NOT" to allow export and can expect this choice to be honored by the simulator it could go a long way at improving the sense of security our community has with OpenSim at the moment. One of the hardest things I've personally had to deal with as a grid operator/manager is the users not feeling confident their objects cannot be exported if they choose not to allow it. We have many content creators on 3rd Rock Grid which do not want to allow their creations to be taken out of our grid and they were very much against our grid converting to hyper grid mode because of their fears.
If we could provide them with this feature it would take away these fears.

Thanks,
~Butch Arnold