Hello Melanie,

I believe the default "Plywood" texture used on a default box does not have the correct permissions.

I was able to take a texture which I created and added an "Export" permission to and apply it to this box on all sides.. once I did this, I was able to then set the "Export" checkbox on the box.

It seems that I can set the export permission on the following from inventory but I first must "Set" both copy/mod perms:
 - Body parts - eyes, hair, skin, shapes
 - calling cards
 - clothing
- I was unable to check gestures as I only have one in my inventory and it is not full perm so I cannot set to copy thus the export box remains shaded.
 - Landmarks appear to be "Export" enabled by default.
 - Notecards
- Objects as long as they have "Export" enabled textures (Note: Opensim default textures appear not to have export permissions on by default and these cannot be changed using the viewer)
 - Textures
 - Photos
 - Scripts
- I was unable to check sounds as I have only 1 in my inventory and it is not full perm, hence the export box stays shaded
 - Textures

I used blender and created a basic mesh with no texture and uploaded but I was not able to set the export box as it remained shaded.

 - I was unable to test sounds or gestures
- It appears we cannot set the export perm on a basic .dae model without texture - It appears that "ALL" default OpenSim items cannot be set to allow export and if anything is using any of the default textures it cannot be set to export.

- I have not yet tested if these "Export" permissions actually work, but I was able to use the "Export" check box in each of these cases indicated above.

Thanks,
Butch