Hi Karl,

When this stops working, can you check the xengine status in the console?
I see the results you have included here, but is this before or after the communication stops?

We had a similar issue back in December on 3rd Rock Grid and when things stopped working, checking the xengine status would always show scripts waiting for load. Can you see if this is the case for you? When this stops working does xengine status show scripts waiting for load? If so, I can share the steps we took to correct our issues which might work for you as well.

Additionally, which version of opensim are you running?


On 6/1/2015 11:35 AM, Karl Dreyer wrote:

Hello everyone... I have a member that is experiencing a strange issue. He has server and client modules (in world prims using llRegionSay & llRegionSayTo to communicate commands to "client" prims). When the simulator is restarted, all works properly as expected BUT then, after what seems to be a random length of time it seems that communcations on the sim cease to function. i.e. It's almost as if the llRegionSay & llRegionSayTo cease to work properly. the client prims aren't receiving the messages from the servers. What makes this even more strange is that it doesn't happen with all of them and the prims being effected is random.. in other words, an hour after the sim is restarted (for example) a subset of the servers are failing to properly send messages but the subset of scripts effected seems to be different each time.

I have had my resident go through and confirm that channel settings are set correctly and that there is no channel confusion or conflicts ... the scripts themselves seem to be OK. I also had him test this system on a blank sim or a sim with considerably less scripts and the system works flawlessly.

My first thought was that there was an issue with the listeners in the receiving prims and we're hitting some sort of imposed limit to the number of listeners or listener events allowed on a region. I found in the OpenSimDefaults.ini file that there is in fact a max_listens_per_region setting and a max_listens_per_script setting. My first inclination was that he was hitting one of these limits so, I modified these settings to 0 so that the system would not impose any limits and unfortunately, this did not fix the issue.

Is there somewhere else in the ini files or hardcoded in the simulator code itself where a limitation is being set? If not, what else could be causing this behavior?

Below is a dump of some of the relevant statistics for the region in question. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Client logouts due to no data receive timeout: 0
Dilatn SimFPS PhyFPS AgntUp RootAg ChldAg Prims AtvPrm AtvScr ScrLPS 1.00 54 53.8 0.0 0 0 6623 0 1760 5 PktsIn PktOut PendDl PendUl UnackB TotlFt NetFt PhysFt OthrFt AgntFt
    15      24       0     0       0    19.1 0.0     0.0     0.0     0.0
Heap allocated to OpenSim   : 645 MB
Last heap allocation rate   : 0.323 MB/s
Average heap allocation rate: 0.202 MB/s
Process memory              : 1270 MB
Status of XEngine instance
Scripts loaded             : 1760
Scripts waiting for load   : 0
Max threads                : 100
Min threads                : 2
Allocated threads          : 12
In use threads             : 2
Work items waiting         : 0
Events queued              : 0
Events processed           : 214185
Sensors  : 8
Dataserver requests        : 0
Timers   : 46
Listeners                  : 61

Opensim-users mailing list

Opensim-users mailing list

Reply via email to