Actually, it is definitely the listener that is failing.  The reason why I say 
that is because when the failure occurs; it doesn’t only effect the 
“server/client” prims.. but any script using a listener on the sim..  such as 
MLP’s ..  the menu comes up but the script never “hears” the reply.


[] On Behalf Of Dahlia Trimble
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2015 3:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Script engine issue [listeners]


Do you know whether it's the listener or the sender which is failing? Also, 
I've heard there are problems with llSleep() so if any of the scripts are using 
that it might be contributing to the problem.


On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 10:06 AM, BoneZ < 
<> > wrote:

Hi Karl,

I think since your xengine status results show you are only using 2 threads.. 
I'm not sure it would do you any good to increase max threads.



On 6/1/2015 12:53 PM, Karl Dreyer wrote:

This dump is after the issue presents itself and it's not showing any scripts 
waiting for load.  That's what is really strange.  They all work perfectly for 
an underterminate amount of time then, a random subset of them just stop.

I will point out that when I adjusted the max_listens_per_script & 
max_listens_per_region, I adjusted the ini files for a different region (smacks 
myself in the head) so I just finished adjusting the correct files and am not 
restarting the simulator.  We'll see if that takes care of it.

Also, what's the word on increasing the MaxThreads setting from 100 to lets say 
300 ...  Could that setting be imposing some sort of limitation and would 
adjusting it up cause any unexpected negative side effects?

Kind Regards,


> Hi Karl,
> When this stops working, can you check the xengine status in the console?
> I see the results you have included here, but is this before or after
> the communication stops?
> We had a similar issue back in December on 3rd Rock Grid and when things
> stopped working, checking the xengine status would always show scripts
> waiting for load.
> Can you see if this is the case for you? When this stops working does
> xengine status show scripts waiting for load?
> If so, I can share the steps we took to correct our issues which might
> work for you as well.
> Additionally, which version of opensim are you running?
> ~Butch
> On 6/1/2015 11:35 AM, Karl Dreyer wrote:
>> Hello everyone... I have a member that is experiencing a strange
>> issue. He has server and client modules (in world prims using
>> llRegionSay & llRegionSayTo to communicate commands to "client"
>> prims). When the simulator is restarted, all works properly as
>> expected BUT then, after what seems to be a random length of time it
>> seems that communcations on the sim cease to function. i.e. It's
>> almost as if the llRegionSay & llRegionSayTo cease to work properly.
>> the client prims aren't receiving the messages from the servers.
>> What makes this even more strange is that it doesn't happen with all
>> of them and the prims being effected is random.. in other words, an
>> hour after the sim is restarted (for example) a subset of the servers
>> are failing to properly send messages but the subset of scripts
>> effected seems to be different each time.
>> I have had my resident go through and confirm that channel settings
>> are set correctly and that there is no channel confusion or conflicts
>> ... the scripts themselves seem to be OK. I also had him test this
>> system on a blank sim or a sim with considerably less scripts and the
>> system works flawlessly.
>> My first thought was that there was an issue with the listeners in the
>> receiving prims and we're hitting some sort of imposed limit to the
>> number of listeners or listener events allowed on a region. I found
>> in the OpenSimDefaults.ini file that there is in fact a
>> max_listens_per_region setting and a max_listens_per_script setting.
>> My first inclination was that he was hitting one of these limits so,
>> I modified these settings to 0 so that the system would not impose any
>> limits and unfortunately, this did not fix the issue.
>> Is there somewhere else in the ini files or hardcoded in the simulator
>> code itself where a limitation is being set? If not, what else could
>> be causing this behavior?
>> Below is a dump of some of the relevant statistics for the region in
>> question. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>> Client logouts due to no data receive timeout: 0
>> Dilatn SimFPS PhyFPS AgntUp RootAg ChldAg Prims AtvPrm AtvScr
>> ScrLPS
>> 1.00 54 53.8 0.0 0 0 6623 0 1760
>> 5
>> PktsIn PktOut PendDl PendUl UnackB TotlFt NetFt PhysFt OthrFt
>> AgntFt
>> ImgsFt
>> 15 24 0 0 0 19.1 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
>> 0.0
>> Heap allocated to OpenSim : 645 MB
>> Last heap allocation rate : 0.323 MB/s
>> Average heap allocation rate: 0.202 MB/s
>> Process memory : 1270 MB
>> Status of XEngine instance
>> Scripts loaded : 1760
>> Scripts waiting for load : 0
>> Max threads : 100
>> Min threads : 2
>> Allocated threads : 12
>> In use threads : 2
>> Work items waiting : 0
>> Events queued : 0
>> Events processed : 214185
>> Sensors : 8
>> Dataserver requests : 0
>> Timers : 46
>> Listeners : 61
>> _______________________________________________
>> Opensim-users mailing list
>> <> 
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> <> 

Karl M. Dreyer Jr.
In World Avi : Damean Paolino
Island Oasis, LLC Co-Founder | CIO

Notice: The contents of this email and any files transmitted with it are 
confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is 
addressed. The content of this email message is not to be disclosed, copied, 
distributed, or shared with any person(s) or entities without the express 
consent of the sender. This message contains confidential information and is 
intended only for the individual named.


Opensim-users mailing list <>


Opensim-users mailing list <>


Opensim-users mailing list

Reply via email to