Hi! Now talk about serendipity... for two upcoming projects, I need some
chatbots, something always described by clients/end-users as 'we just need
relatively simple chatbots' when in reality they expect natural language
understanding...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've been using llHttpRequest() with HTTPS requests
recently, and I believe that they work quite nicely. As Nick suggested, the
quickest way to implement something is to have an object attached to the
bot/NPC and let it talk 'through' it, for instance, using osNpcSay().

To do very complex things I'd suggest having a 'proxy' running outside
OpenSim which talks back to whatever AI/NLU/NLP platform you're using and
connects to the in-world script attached to the bot.

And if you're planning to use OpenAI's GPT-3 — meaning that you *have*
managed to get an invite to the beta!! — I envy you profusely.

Cheers :-)

   - Gwyn

--
"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
-- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

[image: Image] <http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/GwynethLlewelyn/~6/3>