> Joerg and Thomas are correct to point out the
> university issue, but things will turn around. Inside
> Sun, this is being taken seriously.

I would like to make a suggestion, and task you specifically to take that
suggestion back to the Sun education and marketing execs, provided you are
willing to take on this task.

My suggestion is to devote a certain number of Sun Educational resources, in
terms of instructors, to giving free Solaris sysadmin I and II courses in
universitites.

The students would perhaps still have to pay for the certification vouchers,
but attending the sysadmin certification courses would be free.

If SunEd feels that this would cost too much money, perhaps a portion of the
marketing funds could be diverted to that end. It is, after all, ultimately
advertizing Solaris to the future technology and decision makers, i.e.
potential Sun customers of tomorrow.