I'd like to propose a project about Input Method for OpenSolaris.

The scope of this project would be:

1. To support IIIMF (which is currently the defualt IM framework on Solaris) on
OpenSolaris, including building/packaging, bug fixing, and adding new features.

2. To support more input method frameworks on OpenSolaris, such as SCIM and
UIM, both are popular IM frameworks on various Linux distributions. And to
monitor new IM technologies on *IX systems, such as IM-Bus (which would be the
next generation unified IM framework).

3. To host intelligent input method implementations, such as SunPinyin
(developed by Sun Asian G11N Center, shipped since Solaris 10, and would be
opensource'd to OS.o), which is a SLM (Statistical Language Model) based IME.

This project could provide more choices to customers, and attract more
developers, especially in Asian areas. Thus help the adoption of OpenSolaris in
Asia.

This project will be endorsed by Internalization Community, the leaders
initially would be Fuyuki Hasegawa, Naoyuki Ishimura, and myself (all of us are
Sun employees) . We will invite more IM developers around the world, as the
lead engineers.

Any suggestions and comments are welcome!