> Martin Bochnig wrote:
[...]
> Beyond a few exceptions, it seems to be Adobe's
> principle to only
> support one or two main environments?
> So maybe one should believe them, that they do not
> have anything special
> against OpenSolaris_x86.
> Maybe just a lack of interest in widespread platform
> compatibility?
> Which seems to be quite short-sighted.

The reader for what they want to be a universal WYSIWYG
document format should IMO be an obvious exception;
every case where a fully functional reader is available
increases demand for the authoring software (where the
money is).

It would avoid people suspecting something conspiratorial
(typically involving the Crawling Chaos from Redmond)
and allow helpful counteroffers if Adobe would say _why_
they don't support Solaris x86.  For example, running
a virtual development system under xen on Linux (albeit
a recent possibility, I suppose) would allow concurrent
builds on Solaris x86 without an extra physical build system,
reducing maintenance costs.  I have to assume that if it's
a cost thing, it's the ongoing cost, since I don't doubt they've
been offered enough to handle the one-time cost of fixing
build system, #ifdefs, byte-ordering issues, etc.