I'd set Reply-To so your replies, if any, would go to opensolaris-discuss,
not psarc-ext.  One more try.  Again, don't reply to me directly please.

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 06:42:58PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Nicolas Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Why are we still arguing about this stuff?
> >
> > You've been told how to prevent new conflicts with your tools arising:
> > run one or more ARC cases for integrating your tools into OpenSolaris,
>
> As long as it has not been verified that arc cases help, I will definitely not
> do this!

ARC cases help, but are not sufficient.  You *must* integrate in order
to turn an ARC case into reality.  A project that never integrates can
have its approved ARC cases withdrawn, ignored, ...

The ARC is not the enforcer: the c-team is.  And executable name
conflicts are *very* obvious to the c-team (both, from putback
notifications and from the nightlies run by the gatekeepers), whereas
not so obvious to the ARC.

> You are responsible to allow approved arc cases to be integrated before
> arc cases can be taken for serious. As for today arc cases are a big tool
> to spend time on but they do not result in facts.

Approved ARC cases are not an obligation to expend resources to get the
given projects integrated.  In your case *you* could do the work, but
you seem to expect Sun to pay others to do it.  Evidently noone at Sun
is interested in doing what you ought to do yourself.

Nico