At 12:56 PM 8/16/2010, you wrote:
On 2010-08-16 14:23, Henri Beauchamp wrote:

Well, the first improvement to do is to actually revert 80% of the UI
to the way v1.23's one was working, especially getting rid of that
moronic side bar is its modal tools which impair productivity and
user-friendliness... The question is: will LL finally admit that the
viewer 2 UI is a failure and widely rejected by 80% of its regular user
base, and accept a move in the way of "going back" (actually repairing)
UI-wise ?...

I've said this before, and I'll repeat it again here:

Don't waste everyones time suggesting that we throw away Viewer 2, or that we revert the UI to Viewer 1.  It is absolutely not going to happen, and any suggestion to that effect will be ignored.

That does not mean that we don't recognize that some choices in V2 were not optimal, and that some probably need to be revisited, and we're open to doing that. But we will do it in the context of calm discussions of what problems exist and creative ideas for how to solve them. We are not moving backwards, we are moving forwards.

Think about it for a minute - there are an infinite number of possible solutions for how to build a UI for a virtual world viewer - what are the odds that the first or second attempt produced the best possible UI? We need new and creative ideas focused on specific problem descriptions. Â

At the risk of upsetting the decorum here, I just can't let this go by.
Mr. Oz Linden, perhaps YOU should depart from ALL viewer development. Statements of "It is absolutely not going to happen, and any suggestion to that effect will be ignored." are not going to endear yourself with the community. Not that I can speak for anyone but myself, but your statement is extremely Draconian in nature and is only going to stir up trouble in the long run. You should recognize that it is occasionally helpful to simply throw out the baby with the bath water, and start fresh.