On Dec 13, 2017, at 5:44 PM, Clint Byrum <cl...@fewbar.com> wrote:

> One thing I've always admired about Swift was how immune to the cadence Swift
> appears to be.

As I've pointed out before [0], Swift is a whole 'nother thing.

It does not have API interdependencies with anything else in OpenStack. It is
free to do things its own way on its own schedule.

The rest of OpenStack is what Nova originally was. It was split into many
different project because of the sheer complexity of the tasks it had to
perform. But splitting it up required that we occasionally have to make sure
that we're all still working together well.

[0] https://blog.leafe.com/on_swift/

-- Ed Leafe