On 12/14/2017 9:11 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
We lose development time to activities directly linked to our cycle:
like election, release, PTG preparation, participation to Forum(s). PTLs
have reported not being able to achieve much before reaching the end of
a cycle and having to stand for reelection. Reducing the frequency of
those extra activities would increase time dedicated to development.

What does a PTL need to achieve in a term beyond managing a release? How many PTLs come into the position with a docket of major changes they want to implement in each project? Seems like that would be really disruptive to the flow of a team.

Or is the achievement equal to the number of blueprints merged? If so, that has to be scoped to the complexity and priority of the blueprint, who is doing the work and how many people in the core team are helping to get them through, which is not really something fully in the PTLs control.

Matt