On 02/14/2018 03:26 PM, Haïkel wrote:
I agree it won't be simple, we will have to provide those
repositories, determine how
we will gate updates, fix puppet modules, POI, etc.. and that's only a
beginning.

That's why we won't be providing raw Fedora but rather a curated
version and at some
point, we'll likely freeze it. That's kinda similar to how EL8 is
made, but it won't be EL8. :o)

Yeesh, I hadn't looked at it that way, but we would basically be doing the EL8 process in parallel with the actual EL8. I assume the reason we can't use the actual EL8 pre-release whenever it becomes a thing is that there isn't a corresponding CentOS pre-release that would be usable upstream?

Let's say that the time is ticking, if we want to ship a productized
OpenStack distro on
Python3, and possibly on EL8 (Hint: I don't know when it will be
released, and moreover,
I'm not the one who gets to decide when RHOSP will support EL8), we're
about to reach
the point of no-return.

[snarky comment redacted in the interest of keeping my job :-)]