+1

From: Eric Windisch <ewindi...@docker.com<mailto:ewindi...@docker.com>>
Date: Friday, August 15, 2014 at 9:45 PM
To: OpenStack List
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: [openstack-dev] Enabling silent Docker tests for Nova?

I have proposed a _silent_ check for Nova for integration of the Docker driver:

    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/114547/

It has been established that this code cannot move back into Nova until the
tests are running and have a solid history of success. That cannot happen
unless we're allowed to run the tests. Running a silent check on changes to
Nova is the first step in establishing that history.

Joe Gordon suggests we need a spec to bring the driver back into Nova. Besides
the fact that specs are closed and there is no intention of reintegrating the
driver for Juno, I'm uncertain of proposing a spec without first having solid
history of successful testing, especially given the historical context of this
driver's relationship with Nova.

If we could enable silent checks, we could help minimize API skew and branch
breakages, improving driver quality and reducing maintenance while we prepare
for the Kilo spec + merge windows. Furthermore, by having a history of testing,
we can seek faster inclusion into Kilo.

Finally, I acknowledge that we may be entering a window of significant load on
the CI servers and I'm sensitive to the needs of the infrastructure team to
remain both focused and to conserve precious compute resources. If this is an
issue, then I'd like to plot a timeline, however rough, with the infrastructure
team.

--
Regards,
Eric Windisch