Hash: SHA512

On 12/09/14 19:08, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> On Sep 12, 2014, at 1:03 PM, Ihar Hrachyshka <ihrac...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
>> Signed PGP part On 12/09/14 17:30, Mike Bayer wrote:
>>> On Sep 12, 2014, at 10:40 AM, Ihar Hrachyshka
>>> <ihrac...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>>> Signed PGP part On 12/09/14 16:33, Mike Bayer wrote:
>>>>> I agree with this, changing the MySQL driver now is not an 
>>>>> option.
>>>> That was not the proposal. The proposal was to introduce
>>>> support to run against something different from MySQLdb + a
>>>> gate job for that alternative. The next cycle was supposed to
>>>> do thorough regression testing, benchmarking, etc. to decide
>>>> whether we're ok to recommend that alternative to users.
>>> ah, well that is a great idea.  But we can have that
>>> throughout Kilo anyway, why not ?
>> Sure, it's not the end of the world. We'll just need to postpone
>> work till RC1 (=opening of master for new stuff), pass spec
>> bureauracy (reapplying for kilo)... That's some burden, but not
>> tragedy.
>> The only thing that I'm really sad about is that Juno users won't
>> be able to try out that driver on their setup just to see how it
>> works, so it narrows testing base to gate while we could get some
>> valuable deployment feedback in Juno already.
> It’s all experimental, right? And implemented in libraries? So
> those users could update oslo.db and sqlalchemy-migrate and test
> the results under Juno.

oslo.db is already bumped to the version that includes all those fixes
needed. As for sqlalchemy-migrate, we may try to work on a fix for the
library that will silently drop those COMMIT statements in SQL
scripts. That would solve the problem without touching any migration
code in nova, glance, or cinder. This is the piece that is currently
missing to run Juno with that alternative driver. Also, as Angus said,
we already can run migrations on mysqldb and then switch it for
testing, without any of the changes.

I'll work on making sure it's available to check out with Juno pieces
in addition to Kilo.

Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.22 (Darwin)


OpenStack-dev mailing list

Reply via email to