On Fri, Sep 12, 2014, Doug Hellmann <d...@doughellmann.com> wrote:
> I don’t think we will want to retroactively change the migration scripts
> (that’s not something we generally like to do),

We don't allow semantic changes to migration scripts since people who
have already run it won't get those changes. However, we haven't been
shy about fixing bugs that prevent the migration script from running
(which this change would probably fall into).

> so we should look at changes needed to make sqlalchemy-migrate deal with
> them (by ignoring them, or working around the errors, or whatever).

That said, I agree that sqlalchemy-migrate shouldn't be changing in a
non-backwards compatible way.

JE