On 09/16/2014 11:23 AM, Kurt Griffiths wrote:
Hi crew, as promised I’ve continued to work through the performance test
plan. I’ve started a wiki page for the next batch of tests and results:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Zaqar/Performance/PubSub/Redis

I am currently running the same tests again with 2x web heads, and will
update the wiki page with them when they finish (it takes a couple hours
to run each batch of tests). Then, I plan to add an additional Redis proc
and run everything again. After that, there are a few other things that we
could do, depending on what everyone wants to see next.

* Run all these tests for producer-consumer (task distribution) workloads
* Tune Redis, uWSGI and see if we can't improves latency, stdev, etc.
* Do a few runs with varying message sizes
* Continue increasing load and adding additional web heads
* Continue increasing load and adding additional redis procs
* Vary number of queues
* Vary number of project-ids
* Vary message batch sizes on post/get/claim

Don't forget my request to identify the effect of keepalive settings in uWSGI :)

Thanks!
-jay