On 10/14/2014 05:04 AM, Alex Xu wrote:
There is one reason to think about what projects *currently* do. When we
choice which convention we want.
For example, the CamelCase and snake_case, if the most project use
snake_case, then choice snake_case style
will be the right.

I would posit that the reason we have such inconsistencies in our project's APIs is that we haven't taken a stand and said "this is the way it must be".

There's lots of examples of inconsistencies out in the OpenStack APIs. We can certainly use a wiki or etherpad page to document those inconsistencies. But, eventually, this working group should produce solid decisions that should be enforced across *future* OpenStack APIs. And that guidance should be forthcoming in the next month or so, not in one or two release cycles.

I personally think proposing patches to an openstack-api repository is the most effective way to make those proposals. Etherpads and wiki pages are fine for dumping content, but IMO, we don't need to dump content -- we already have plenty of it. We need to propose guidelines for *new* APIs to follow.

Best,
-jay