Hello, Russell,

Is the "cascading" included in the session "Approaches for scaling out" [1] ?

>From the selected topics listed in [2], the selected topic is
    plans for scaling out OpenStack using cells
             * Session Lead: John Garbutt
             * Session Description:

But according to the comments of TCs' [2], cells and cascading are merged in
this session. All minus score on cascading is to ask the merge of cells and
cascading:
Could you pls confirm whether cascading is included in the "Approaches for
scaling out" or not. If yes, I would like to add me as the co-lead with John
Garbutt in this session.

The comments from TCs are as following:

19. plans for scaling out OpenStack using cells: -1 / 3
19.1.  (johnthetubaguy)Interested: jaypipes, edleafe (annegentle: I wonder if
we can split up one slot for nova/glance/interaction?) +1(ttx) if merged with
cascading session (#21) +1(dhellmann) Merge with cascading - let's pick one
approach to this +1 (jeblair merge) +0 (mikal) how does this differ from the
cells sessions in the nova track? -0 (sdague) honestly think that should just
be in Nova track. -1 (russellb) We have 2 slots for this in the Nova track
already.  Nova needs to figure out if this is actually moving forward or not.

21. Introduce OpenStack cascading  for integrating multi-site / multi-vendor /
multi-version OpenStack instances into one cloud with  OpenStack API exposed
(Chaoyi Huang, joehu...@huawei.com): -4 / 2
21.1.  -1(ttx) merge with the cells session (#19) so that both approaches are
compared merge in cells session annegentle -1 (dhellmann) merge +2 (devananda)
merge with cells discussion, and discuss both, -1 (jeblair merge) -1 (russellb)
can be discussed as an alternative in the nova cells session.

[1] http://kilodesignsummit.sched.org/type/cross-project+workshops
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-crossproject-summit-topics

Best Regards

Chaoyi Huang ( joehuang )