Hi Ricardo,

thanks a lot for your help and detailed instructions. It will surely come in handy when I will need to do something like that. I am looking also into this possibility.

But the actual reason I need to sync our central developer repo with the Gerrit repo is a problem when the developer tries to submit code for review to Gerrit. Since the central developer repo is periodically updated from upstream and the developers pull these changes into their own local repos before branching off the feature branch, then this feature branch contains commits from upstream that Gerrit doesn't know about. So submitting this feature branch to code review will include lots of commits which are not the developers.

I have now solved this issue by granting each developer the right to push the master branch to refs/heads/master in the Gerrit repo. This makes sure that the Gerrit repos master branch is updated with the latest commits and when the developer submits his feature branch for review, only his own commits will be reviewed.

Regards, Ondrej