On Nov 21, 2014, at 9:11 AM, Sandy Walsh <sandy.wa...@rackspace.com> wrote:

>> From: Doug Hellmann [d...@doughellmann.com] Thursday, November 20, 2014 5:09
>> PM
>> On Nov 20, 2014, at 3:40 PM, Sandy Walsh <sandy.wa...@rackspace.com> wrote:
>>> From: Doug Hellmann [d...@doughellmann.com] Thursday, November 20, 2014
>>> 3:51 PM
>>>
>>> That would mean downstream consumers (potentially in different languages)
>>> would need to pull all repos and extract just the schema parts. A separate
>>> repo would make it more accessible.
>
>> OK, fair. Could we address that by publishing the schemas for an app in a
>> tar ball using a post merge job?
>
> That's something to consider. At first blush it feels a little clunky to pull
> all projects to extract schemas whenever any of the projects change.

Oh, that’s not what I meant. I meant that there would be a separate package for
each project’s schema(s). We could have a meta package that we build, too, but
I was thinking of bundling them separately.

> But there is something to be said about having the schema files next to the
> code that going to generate the data.

It feels like it would be easier to keep them in sync that way. It would let us
gate on that being the case, for example, without having to stage commits in
multiple repositories.