Julien Danjou wrote:
On Mon, Mar 09 2015, Joshua Harlow wrote:

One that I can think of off the top of my head would be to have `join_group`
and associated functions have the ability to automatically create the group if
it does not exist already (instead of raising a error and then having the user
deal with the failure themselves).

That would be a wrapper that would just do try/join/except/create+join?

Ya, something like that, or something like this for those APIs;

def join_group(group, create_if_missing=False):
  <code>

I'm also thinking we might want to have better docs on the supported features
of each backend/driver; as not all of them are fully functional (and may never
be?) and we should make sure people are aware of this (from the docs, not by
reading the code).

We could build a compatibility matrix in the doc.

+ 1

-Josh