On 5 November 2015 at 09:02, Ed Leafe <e...@leafe.com> wrote:
> On Nov 3, 2015, at 6:45 AM, Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Here's a Devstack review for zookeeper in support of this initiative:
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/241040
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dims
>
> I thought that the operators at that session made it very clear that they
> would *not* run any Java applications, and that if OpenStack required a Java
> app to run, they would no longer use it.
>
> I like the idea of using Zookeeper as the DLM, but I don't think it should be
> set up as a default, even for devstack, given the vehement opposition
> expressed.

There was no option suggested that all the operators would run happily.

Thus it doesn't matter what the 'default' is - we know only some
operators will run it.

In the session we were told that zookeeper is already used in CI jobs
for ceilometer (was this wrong?) and thats why we figured it made a
sane default for devstack.

We can always change the default later.

What is important is that folk step up and write the consul and etcd
drivers for the non-Java-happy operators to consume.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcoll...@hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist