This all correct, but the issue is that u-boot binary (which is
produced by obs) has to be wrapped into special container by
rkflashtool before being written onto disk.
Otherwise, first stage proprietary loader won't recognize it. Problem
here that rkflashtool is available only in binary format for x86_64
architecture, and it is tricky to integrate them into OBS build
pipeline (between u-boot and JeOS).

--
With best regards,
Matwey V. Kornilov