Hi everybody,

Am 02.09.2017 um 12:29 schrieb Matwey V. Kornilov:
Hi,

Am 02.09.2017 um 12:06 schrieb Matwey V. Kornilov:
1. Tools from https://github.com/rockchip-linux/rkbin are required to
prepare u-boot binary to be deployed into sd-card. The tools are
permitted to be redistributed, but they are x86_64-only binary blobs.
I think we could package them in RPM package and wrap them using
qemu-linux-x86_64 to execute them at JeOS building phase (at aarch64
architecture).
Negative. Same topic came up for Amlogic, and I had to develop the
native Open Source meson-tools instead.

For creating a JeOS image we need to use U-Boot SPL, which as I already
pointed out should avoid all those binary-only x86 tools.

If that is not working yet (you did not say), then we can just document
the x86-only steps to keep them out of OBS.

Well, I didn't find any U-Boot SPL implementation for RK3328 in any
u-boot trees. That is the issue currently.

2. bootloader are required to be placed at +16MB offset from the
beginning of SD card. We have to find a way to specify KIWI to place
EFI partition not at 2048sector as default.
More long-term rock64 comes with SPI flash that is meant to store a bootloader. So at some point that will be available, and present independent of the OS. I think we could safely assume that the user takes care of putting a bootloader <anywhere>, and just rely on distro_boot for loading grub.efi and a devicetree.
Yousaf gave a presentation on how to accomplish that for RK3399.

If this reservation is implemented, then similar to my JeOS-nanopik2
image we could just leave out U-Boot and give users Wiki instructions on
how to place U-Boot there themselves.

You had forgotten to create an HCL Wiki page - I stubbed one out:

https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:Rock64

Regards,
Andreas

HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)