Am 04.04.2018 um 14:53 schrieb Alexander Graf:

>>> This is not true. For those boards, we can still use EFI, but need to
>>> convert to MBR. This is done in uboot-image-install.in in section
>>> "Convert GPT to MBR if necessary".
>>>
>>> The only case I'm aware of where EFI is not a viable option is when we
>>> rely on U-Boot that is delivered with the system, but doesn't have
>>> efi_loader enablement. Apart from moonshot and midway I'm not aware of
>>> any such system still alive.
>>
>> Is 32-bit Allwinner working with UEFI by now? Last time I tried it still
>> fell apart and thus needed boot.scr.
>
> Why does it fall apart? I‘m not aware of anything specific to Allwinner
> devices that would make it fail.

I didn't figure out and I haven't heard from anyone since. Probably
missing memory reservations? IIRC my Cubietruck got into GRUB but had
problems loading the kernel, hanging.

Jetson TX1 was another case where UEFI was not working. It aborts and
resets when loading GRUB.

Dragonboard 410c was another such case I reported in the past.

Theoretically they're all fixable, but right now there are a couple
platforms where UEFI in U-Boot is not working.

Regards,
Andreas

HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)