On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 12:55 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-02-23 at 09:28 +0100, Arne Schwabe wrote:
> >
> > Am 23.02.15 um 09:04 schrieb Vasily Kulikov:
> > >     management-external-cert 'macosx-keychain:SUBJECT:c=US'
> > >
> > > With the approach in patch v3 a user has to start openvpn with the
> > > config file, start keychain-mcd, and pass identity template as an
> > > argument to keychain-mcd.
> > >
> > > What do you think of the change?
> > I like the idea. You could  make the macos-keychain in the string optional.
>
> I wouldn't make it optional. Keep it URI-like, with 'macos-keychain' as
> the URI scheme.

I'll keep it.  I don't have a strict understanding what is the purpose
of a default scheme, so I don't declare any default.

Also please note that openvpn itself doesn't know about any "scheme", it
simply passes the value to a management interface client.  A client is the
process which parses the value and must know about schemes, default
scheme, etc.

Thanks,

--
Vasily Kulikov