Hi,

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 05:40:11PM +0300, Vasily Kulikov wrote:
> > I agree -- the argument to --needs-external-cert should be optional.
>
> Note: Arne said about 'macos-keychain' prefix in the argument being
> optional, not the argument itself being optional.  Acually, I don't
> think making the argument optional is a good idea -- its parsing would
> be ambiguous unless it is the last argument in argv.

Oh, *that* is something our config parser does all the time :-)

The question to me is "if we don't want to specify anything particular,
because there is only one cert anyway, how would we do it?" - or is the
assumption that we better should specify it always?

[..]
> > I'm not sure exactly how to add an argument to RSA_SIGN and
> > NEEDS-CERTIFICATE without breaking existing management interface
> > software but assume that is possible. (Also, the argument may need to
> > be escaped when it is passed to RSA_SIGN or NEEDS-CERTIFICATE if it
> > contains characters that are used as delimiters.)
>
> IMNSHO don't change rsa-sign at all and have no API breakage.

That sounds like a reasonable approach to me.

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de