Hi,

On Thu, Sep 07, 2017 at 03:16:45PM +0200, David Sommerseth wrote:
> So the RestartForceExitStatus/RestartPreventExitStatus is not going to
> be helpful if all graceful errors results in 1, which is the most common
> way OpenVPN stops - through the M_FATAL.  So that leaves us with
> SIGSEGV, SIGABRT and similar unclean exit signals.
>
> To avoid restarts on faulty configurations or if we can define scenarios
> where we do not want OpenVPN to be restarted automatically, we need to
> introduce more exit codes.  This way we can implicitly tell systemd if
> it should restart OpenVPN or not.

Indeed.  Just to agree publically here :-) - it seems we'll need to
revisit exit codes as well, for "restarting this won't do any good"
(fatal config errors, for example) vs. "we have crashed, and please do
restart!!" (out of memory as something obvious we can't easily catch,
most other error situations wrt network *should* not cause a M_FATAL,
even if some still do).

Where do we keep this as "we need to look into it, but it's complicated"
reminder?  trac?

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de