Thanks a lot for that.

By adding win32-util.c and -lws2_32 where required, I can now build almost all tests using the autotools framework --- cmocka had to be cross-compiled using cmake which is a pain. I do not particularly like cmake though it'sĀ convenient for Windows MSVC build, so sticking to autoconf/automake for now. Unless the "consensus" is to move to cmake --- hope not :)

No. Other OpenVPN contributers have spoken out against CMake, so I never bothered to clean it up, so that the current cmake file is a mixture of clean stuff and hacks. It is pretty useful for me for doing remote build/debugging with Clion under macOS/Linux and also when I use Visual Studio or Clion under Windows. Even though I think that adding Cmake as unsupported build method is a good idea. This would allow others to have the same option/advantages like me that prefer cmake to autoconf/automake, this also does not seem to have a consensus, so I just maintain it for myself in my branch.

Arne