Hi,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2023 at 03:00:33PM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> The 3 new gc_free() are a bit ugly, but unavoidable without either
> having "gc_free() in the middle of the function" (which we don't do) or
> restructure more & add "ret = 1 ; goto end" code...  so it is what it is.

I did have a vague dislike for these gc_free(), but it turns out that
one of them is actually *wrong*...

https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn/actions/runs/4174551447/jobs/7228274450

cryptoapi.c: In function `SSL_CTX_use_CryptoAPI_certificate':
426
cryptoapi.c:1072:13: error: incompatible type for argument 1 of `gc_free'
427
 1072 |     gc_free(gc);
428
      |             ^~
429
      |             |
430
      |             struct gc_arena
431
In file included from cryptoapi.c:52:
432
buffer.h:1019:26: note: expected `struct gc_arena *' but argument is of type
`struct gc_arena'
433
 1019 | gc_free(struct gc_arena *a)
434

Sorry for not spotting this before merging - my MinGW build did not
excercise the "right" code paths.

This is in the "no HAVE_XKEY_PROVIDER" branch, and I build with 3.0.7,
so the test build never saw this.

Seems I need to merge the "remove pre-3.0 support" patch quickly, so
this becomes moot ;-)