On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 10:47 AM, Felix Fietkau <n...@openwrt.org> wrote:
> On 2011-04-14 5:41 PM, Larry Vaden wrote:

>>>  In the interest of collaboration Atheros specifically wants OpenWrt to
>>>  not publish unregulated binaries. One prerequisite for publishing a
>>>  fully open driver was the ability to enforce effective limits on
>>>  spectrum usage - so essentially the enforcement is what allowed actual
>>>  "Wireless Freedom" in the first place.

>>>  Work is being done to properly fix the regulation code but that is
>>>  another matter than allowing user overrides.
>>>
>>>  ~ Jow
>>
>> Good morning, Jo-Philipp.
>>
>> Please see ticket<https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/9207>.
>>
>> We are not asking to override anything if I understand the matter
>> correctly.
>>
>> We are asking that OpenWrt allow legal power limits for use where it
>> is necessary.
>
> I've reproduced the bug that you described and poked the guy responsible for
> the buggy code. If he posts a fix, I'll merge it and backport it.
> Meanwhile I'm already working out the design for a rewrite of the cfg80211
> regulatory code, because I think the original code is too messed up to be
> sustainable in the long run.
>
> - Felix

Felix, your word that you will take care of the matter is more than
satisfactory.  One more question, please, before closing the thread:

For purposes of planning the direly needed migration from AirOS to
OpenWrt, do you have a guestimate of when we'll be happy as a dead pig
in the sunshine?

respectfully submitted/ldv
--
Larry Vaden, CoFounder