Mauro Mozzarelli <ma...@ezplanet.org> writes:
> On 09/08/2020 03:35, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>
>> I believe OpenWrt should not even *consider* placing its umbrella
>> organization(s) -- which are based on the U.S. -- in legal risk
>> without at least contacting them first and getting their approval.
>>
>> Has anyone asked SPI about it yet?
>
> Who/What are these "umbrella" organizations? What is their
> relationship with OpenWrt?

This is answered by the FAQ:
https://openwrt.org/faq/general

> And what is the "legal risk"?

I guess that's the question you should ask the SPI.

This is not a technical or a political discussion.  It's about not
putting your friends at unnecessary risk, even if they happen to live
under some regime you don't like or respect.

Bjørn