Hi James,

I believe most of your questions have been (at least attempted) answered on the
contributions link of the webpage, and the front page of the wiki.
http://opm-project.org/contrib.php
http://www.opm-project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Like most open projects opm is best described as a meritocracy. You will find a
strong correlation between dominant developers and maintainers on each
repository. I do believe all issues of importance to the project are brought
into open discussion. We do have a "patches are welcome" policy. However, our
community today is developer heavy, so we do miss a larger user community. I
hope that will change as the code base becomes more relevant for users. In any
case, opm is an open project, and I do not believe decision processes are more
closed here than in other open projects. Typically key developers will make
design decisions simply by contributing code (like the current situation with
multiple grid interfaces). We are still a young project though, so we will
hopefully get more of the expected infrastructure of an open project in place
over time. Make no mistake though, we aim to run opm as an open project.

Cheers,
Alf