Hi Dave,

Your comments are very valid - and mainly in line with (my interpretation) of
the future direction of the Dovetail test scope as discussed last week. We in
fact agreed that more basic NFVI testing is required. As a result of this, the
vping test cases have been proposed for inclusion. Let me add some more color
to Tim's summary:

Doctor:
Our observation was that the Doctor tests run on (all) scenarios without the
requirement for scenario owners to add special components or configuration.
Because of this, the functionality tested by Doctor can be considered as basic
NFVI functionality rather than scenario- or project-specific functionality.
Nevertheless, this needs to be investigated and confirmed as part of the
Euphrates scope.

Models:
The relevant aspect of the model test cases is that they include multi-VM VNF
deployments and connectivity tests. In this regard, you can consider them as
vping++ test cases. In the context of Dovetail, we will investigate how we can
leverage these existing test cases without requiring specific functionality
developed by Models. For example, we could factor out the model translation
process used by Models and instead just use plain Heat templates or even just
bash scripts. The important aspect under test here is a more complex VNF
deployment.

Of course, all those test cases need to be checked against the test
requirements defined in Dovetail as part of the Euphrates work.

Best regards
Georg