From: opnfv-tsc-boun...@lists.opnfv.org
[mailto:opnfv-tsc-boun...@lists.opnfv.org] On Behalf Of
morgan.richo...@orange.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 2:32 AM
To: Wenjing Chu <chu.wenj...@gmail.com>; Tim Irnich <tim.irn...@ericsson.com>
Cc: TSC OPNFV <opnfv-...@lists.opnfv.org>; TECH-DISCUSS OPNFV
<opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org>
Subject: Re: [opnfv-tsc] [opnfv-tech-discuss] [dovetail] TSC and DoveTail
meeting to discuss scope and needs for CVP testing

Hi,

my view is that the difficulty we have to converge to a clear consensus is
directly linked to what we are producing

I fully agree with Fatih's comment on the mail
https://lists.opnfv.org/pipermail/opnfv-tech-discuss/2017-June/016799.html
Second release had probably the best quality in term of release, since the
second release we deal with a wild rush forward "more everything" and releases
are somehow snapshots of current scenarios more or less (usely less) tested -
that is one of the reasons why the testing group is proposing a new way for
resiliency/stress testing - discussion planned during the TSC meeting today -

So it is not surprising to see several interpretations of what certification
should be.

If we were able to say clearly "an OPNFV release is X, Y and Z" it would be
much easier.
But we are dealing with a composite object with lots of possible combinations,
features (even mature ones) have installer/scenario constraints.

The second difficult point I see then is that due to the complexity of the
combinations, we reduced the initial scope, which is fine, but then the
question of the delta compared to OpenStack can be raised.
Adding features that are supported only by a subset of installers/scenarios is
a way to differentiate but as it is only a subset, does it make sense to
consider it for an OPNFV certification?

CVP WG and Dovetail projects have been working hard for a long time and the
last proposal is surely the best we can have regarding the context if we
consider OPNFV as a product but is it a product?

If we consider OPNFV as a framework and want to focus on NFVI/VIM, running
yardstick and be sure that the NFVI reached all the defined SLAs makes sense
for me.
In Brahmaputra we were able to successfully test the deployment of a vIMS on
several scenarios/installers (more than 1000 CI run done), this test case was
complete to test VIM/NFVI and went far beyond a check of the OpenStack
API/Interface.
Since Colorado due to the problem mentioned earlier it is unfortunately not so
stable and it was poorly tested in Danube (wait for a weekly job we were not
able to reach / test/scenario promotion, trust indicator,...)

/Morgan