Hi,

Previous versions of Jenkins set BUILD_ID to the timestamp of the build
but now BUILD_ID = BUILD_NUMBER.

There are two plugins that appear to bring back 'BUILD_TIMESTAMP'[1][2].

It also wouldn't be too hard to generate this as part of a build step
and we could keep the format TIMESTAMP_FORMAT as a global variable.

Regards,
Trevor Bramwell

[1] https://plugins.jenkins.io/build-timestamp
[2] https://plugins.jenkins.io/zentimestamp