Hi all,

In our case, a link back to jobs on Jenkins is necessary for the latest
iteration(s, for a short period), but for the very historical records, I
don't think it is needed, after all, in very few conditions, the user needs
to check the historical log, what they care more is the
success/fail/duration/faiure-reason...etc information, which are all
already included in the database. And we have already saved
start_date/stop_date to distinguish each test results.

Considering the cost and effort of saving the logs somewhere and
permanently, VS, our requirement, I think we can still leverage build_id
for the link work, there may be some wrong leading due to the two
aforementioned reasons, but we can take it as the tolerable mistake.

And personally comments:
- recreation of jobs
   very little possibility to do it
- migration to a new jenkins instance without preserving the build history
   it is quite impossible to do like that in an official usage

What do you think? @Jack @David @Fatih @Trevor

BUILD_TIMESTAMP is something we can leverage, currently, the
start_date/stop_date is generated based on the local time, the time is
quite inconsistent due to time zone and/or ntp server issues, @Trevor and
@Fatih, do you think it can solve our mis-date issues by using
BUILD_TIMESTAMP?

BRs