I fully understand your problem, but it can't be solved easily.
The registration of the Web-ContextPath is per Bundle and over all
available Connections, while
the VirtualHost component only makes sure it's only available to
VirtualHost X and the default Connector, while it's not available to
VirtualHost Y.

So for example the following integration Test [1] shows it, the War is
registered on the given ContextPath and for the given VirtualHost. The
second tests this with the second connector [2].

The Web-ContextPath is verified while the WABs are registerd through the
web-Extender. [3]
And there a second WAB with the same Web-ContextPath is put on hold.

While the VirtualHost is added to the registering Bundle after the
Web-ContextPath is registered, the final connection between the Bundle
HttpContext (bound to the Bundle Context and therefore also to the
WebContext path) is done while registering the HttpContext.

So what I got from your descriptions you actually require the second part
of the jetty virtual host description [7].
This can't be done, as this kind of xml isn't parsed by Pax-Web as it's a
mediation layer.
In the end you can try to use a vanilla Jetty instead then.

[1] -
https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.web/blob/master/pax-web-itest/pax-web-itest-container/pax-web-itest-container-jetty/src/test/java/org/ops4j/pax/web/itest/jetty/JettyConfigurationExtendedIntegrationTest.java#L66

[2] -
https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.web/blob/master/pax-web-itest/pax-web-itest-container/pax-web-itest-container-jetty/src/test/java/org/ops4j/pax/web/itest/jetty/JettyConfigurationExtendedIntegrationTest.java#L106-L111

[3] -
https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.web/blob/master/pax-web-extender-war/src/main/java/org/ops4j/pax/web/extender/war/internal/WebObserver.java#L129

[4] -
https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.web/blob/master/pax-web-extender-war/src/main/java/org/ops4j/pax/web/extender/war/internal/parser/WebAppParser.java#L797-L807

[5] -
https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.web/blob/master/pax-web-runtime/src/main/java/org/ops4j/pax/web/service/internal/HttpServiceStarted.java#L1136-L1166

[6] -
https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.web/blob/master/pax-web-runtime/src/main/java/org/ops4j/pax/web/service/internal/HttpServiceStarted.java#L1136-L1166

[7] -
https://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/9.3.x/configuring-virtual-hosts.html

> Hi Achim,
>
> Please, answer to two questions:
>
> 1) What is the use of VirtualHost + Connectors?
>
> 2)I need the following: I have pax-web and jetty on port 8080
> (the port is set via org.osgi.service.http.port). And I have two
> bundles - A and B with the same web-contextpath: /
> Bundle A must be linked to example.com, bundle B to
> foo.example.com. Both bundles must be linked to port 8080.
> The problem is that if they have the same web-context only
> the first bundle is started, the servlets in the second are not
> instantiated. Can this be done via existing code?
>
> Best regards,
>

> On 09.10.2016 19:40, 'Achim Nierbeck' via OPS4J wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> hmm I'm not sure, maybe we could get rid of one, but when we started to
>> have this feature
>> jetty required both paramteres. The newer versions of Jetty only require
>> the Web-VirtualHost parameter.
>> It's in this method [1].
>> Regarding VirtualHosts and Connectors as far as I'm concerned, it has
>> already been implemented.
>> BUT I've never been able to verify it fully as I never tried with
>> different
>> dns names. Only with different ports
>> on different connectors.
>> That's the part I documented and blogged about.
>> Have you tried to verify that this isn't already what you are looking for?
>>
>> regards, Achim
>>

>> [1] -
>> https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.web/blob/master/pax-w
>> eb-runtime/src/main/java/org/ops4j/pax/web/service/internal/
>> HttpServiceStarted.java#L1136-L1166

>> I don't know. If there must be two settings:
>>>
>>> Web-Connectors: myConnector
>>> Web-VirtualHosts: localhost
>>>
>>> then what is the name of the default connector?
>>> Because only with Web-VirtualHosts it doesn't work.
>>>
>>> I am looking forward to hearing what Achim will say.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>

>>> воскресенье, 9 октября 2016 г., 12:31:22 UTC+3 пользователь Niclas
>>> Hedhman

>>> --
>>>

> --
> --