Hi,

there used to be the pax-runner doing exactly this, but as it's not used as
the heart for Pax-Exam it only has frequent updates.
Never the less people still use it.
Another thing to use, is to run with a Karaf minimal distribution, or
better a
custom distribution which is basically a stripped down minimal Karaf
distribution.
For example one could neglect shell, jaas and other things not needed.

Regards, Achim

> I am using something like this in an Aries RSA test where  I need a second
> container.
> https://github.com/apache/aries-rsa/blob/master/itests/
> felix/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/rsa/itests/felix/
> TwoContainerPaxExam.java
>
> ExamSystem testSystem = PaxExamRuntime.createTestSystem(remoteConfig());
> container = PaxExamRuntime.createContainer(testSystem);
> container.start();
>
> I am not sure how good pax exam actually would be to define a running
> system.
> An alternative you could look into is bndtools with the recent maven
> integration.
> See http://bndtools.org/
>
> It allows to define a running system using a backing index and
> requirements.
>
> I used this in CXF DOSGi to create a small example:
> https://github.com/apache/cxf-dosgi/blob/master/samples/soap/soap.bndrun
>
> The runbundles are automatically computed from the index and requirements.
> Using the Eclipse IDE extension it is quite easy to define and change such
> running configs.
>
> The CXF example above also has a maven plugin that does the build
> completely automated. The result is a runnable jar that you can start with
> java -jar.
>
> So as was discussed before on this list it would also be quite interesting
> to go the other way round and use bndtools bndrun files to define a pax
> exam test run. This is not done yet though.
>
> Christian
>

> On 18.10.2016 15:06, Nick Baker wrote:
>
> Hey All,
>
> I've come to enjoy writing integration tests with PAX-Exam! Thanks so
> much! Recently I had need to standup a lightweight embedded OSGI container.
> I've done this with bare OSGI Framework APIs in the past and started to do
> so again. It struck me that it would be so nice to provision this container
> using the PAX-Exam configuration options.
>
> Has there been any work done on adapting Exam as a Runner?
>
> -Nick

> Christian Schneiderhttp://www.liquid-reality.de
>
> Open Source Architecthttp://www.talend.com

Apache Member