I thought I should chip in and point out that Junit 5 ahs received the
entire extension mechanism, and both Rules and RunWith constructs are
deprecated, and implemented using the new extension system.

Perhaps it would make more sense for new functionality in Pax Exam to look
forward to JUnit 5.

Just my 2 sen.